Back to Men's Ministry Index
Guy's Have Rules Too!
This list is for us guys! We have always heard "the rules" from the gals' side, but us guys have our rules too, though we normally keep them to ourselves, why? Because it just isn't worth the argument.
These are our rules ladies!
1. The unshaved look is cool to us, it's a guy thing.
2. Learn to work the toilet seat. You're a big girl. If it's up, put it down. We need it up, you need it down. You don't hear us complaining about you leaving it down.
3. Sports. It's a guy thing.
4. Shopping is not a sport. And no, we are never going to think of it that way... Ever!
5. Crying is blackmail.
6. Ask for what you want. Let us be clear on this one: Subtle hints do not work! Strong hints do not work! Obvious hints do not work! Just say what you want!
7. Yes and No are perfectly acceptable answers to almost every question.
8. Come to us with a problem only if you want help solving it. That's what we do. Sympathy is what your girlfriends do.
9. A headache that lasts for a month is a problem. Go see a doctor.
10. Anything we said six months ago is inadmissible in an argument. In fact, all comments become null and void after seven days.
11. Romance is a two way street, fortunately our side of the street is a fast lane.
12. If you think you're fat, you probably are. Don't ask us unless you want an honest answer.
13. If something we said can be interpreted two ways and one of them makes you sad or angry, we meant the other one... honest.
14. You can either ask us to do something or tell us how you want it done. Not both. If you already know the best way to do it, then just do it yourself.
15. Men really don't need directions. If we do get lost, we don't need directions to get back.
16. All men see in only sixteen colors. Peach, for example, is a fruit, not a color. Pumpkin is also a fruit. We have no idea what mauve is... don't really care.
17. If we ask what is wrong and you say "nothing," we will act like nothing's wrong. We know you are lying, but it's just not worth the hassle to pry it out of you.
18. If you ask a question that you don't want an answer to, then expect an answer that you don't want to hear.
19. When we have to go somewhere, absolutely anything you wear is fine... Really.
20. Don't ask us what we're thinking about unless you are prepared to discuss it, it will more than likely be a guy thing.
21. Belching and passing gas is normal for us guys. And yes, it is funny.
22. Tools are as essential for us guys as make-up is for you gals.
23. You already have enough clothes, and how many shoes does a women really need?
24. Fifteen minutes is more than enough time to get ready for anything.
25. If it doesn't match, we're OK with it.
26. I am in shape. Round is a shape... and I'm OK with it. My friends could'nt care less what I look like.
27. Having to sleep on the couch is OK, men really don't mind that? It's like camping.